Since we launched five months ago, the Moonsail North team has been working pretty much day and night – and we’ve been loving every minute of it. But on Tuesday, we did take a few hours off to celebrate one of our favorite days of the year – Opening Day for the Detroit Tigers.
It bummed me out to think that not everyone has the same freedom and flexibility that comes with being a small business owner. So I determined that when I am president, I would declare the following days federal holidays:
- Opening Day
- Election Day
- The entire World Cup (sure it’s 30 days and the entire world economy would probably grind to a halt, but it only happens once every four years!)
- Oberon Release Day (while I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to, few things ring in summer better than that first Oberon of the year)
- The day a new Radiohead album is dropped
- The day a new Blur album is dropped
- The day a new album is dropped from pretty much any musician I enjoy
- Rasheed Wallace’s birthday (because he’s the coolest)
OK, now pretend you’re president. What are your holidays?